- Basic Petroleum StatisticsTop-line statistics for industry data, as well as links for detailed information.
- Petroleum Information at a Glance
A starting point to access information including EIA data from as far back as 1949 and reports looking as far forward as 2025.
- Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update
EIA's weekly report on gasoline and diesel fuel prices provides current weekly prices by region, as well as compared to the week and year prior. The site also includes a percentage breakdown of "What We Pay for in a Gallon of Regular Gasoline," using the agency's latest monthly data.
- This Week in Petroleum
Typically released every Wednesday afternoon, this report analyzes the week's supply and demand numbers and factors that could impact them.
- Forecasts & Analyses
Analyses and projections of energy information, including EIA's Short-Term Energy Outlook and Annual Energy Outlook.
- State Energy Page
Overviews of each state's energy resources, and detailed information on state-specific supply and demand, fuel requirements and petroleum infrastructure.
- Oil Market Basics From the wellhead to the gas tank, this primer explains how oil markets operate, from with hotlinks to oil price and volume data.
- A Primer on Gasoline Prices EIA's MVP (most valuable publication) explains the components of the cost of gasoline, why gasoline markets fluctuate and why gasoline prices differ regionally.
- Gasoline Price Pass-through Why do retail prices seemingly jump suddenly? EIA examined the movement of gasoline prices over time and found that most of the movement in retail prices (on a national and regional basis) is predetermined by previous movements in spot prices.
- Eliminating MTBE in Gasoline in 2006A primer on the petroleum industry's rapid transition away from MTBE as a fuel additive.
- Hurricane Impacts on the U.S. Oil and Natural Gas Markets
EIA's final report on the impacts of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
(last updated Dec. 27, 2005)
- 2009 NACS Gas Price Kit
(published February 2, 2009)
- 2008 NACS Gas Price Kit: Consumer Reactions to High Gas Prices
(published February 2, 2008)
- Gasoline Prices 2006: Oh No, Not You Again
(published February 2, 2006)
- Hurricane Katrina: The Impact on the Retail Gasoline Market (published September 2005)
- Gasoline Prices: The Impact of World, Local Events
(published February 2005)
- Gasoline Price Volatility in 2004: What's Going On?
(published February 2004)
- NACS' Motor Fuels Supply Fungibility and Market Volatility Analysis (published September 2003)
- Gasoline Prices: What Impacts Them? (published March 2003)
- Motor Fuels Supply and Price Volatility
(published September 2002)
- Speaking of Oil
Tom Kloza’s lively blog dissecting trends in the petroleum industry.
- State Motor Fuel Excise Tax Rates
Motor fuel tax information for all 50 states.
- Industry Statistics
A collection of facts, figures and other energy-related material.
- Energy Tomorrow
Multi-media information about the petroleum industry.
- A primer on how gas gets from the wellhead to your car.
- Boutique Fuels: State and Local Clean Fuels Programs
A listing of the eight low-emission "boutique fuels" that states will be allowed to use to comply with the Clean Air Act.
- Energy Price & Trends
Provides information and historical data for energy sectors.
- Strategic Petroleum Reserve
Information about the U.S. Government complex of four sites created in deep underground salt caverns that hold emergency supplies of crude oil.
- Home page
Pipelines move nearly two-thirds of the ton-miles of oil transported annually.
- Pipeline 101
Basic information compiled from industry, government and research experts and published materials.
- How Pipelines Make the Market Work Detailed information on operations and regulations
Provides the basics on Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel fuel.
- Daily Fuel Gauge Report
Provides daily averages for fuel by grade for each state.